Comments Off on Paralegal
Paralegal‹ Back to Job Postings
Website Chalumeau Law Group, LLC
Fast paced Norwalk matrimonial firm seeks an experienced Paralegal for its busy practice. The right candidate will have excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines while assessing competing demands and who can manage a large caseload independently. Advanced computer skills, familiarity with the internet and ability to e-file required.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Draft complaints, motions, prepare responses to discovery, summarize depositions, create, organize and maintain exhibits.
- Maintaining client and office files Drafting of motions and legal correspondence Scheduling appointments for attorney, including court dates & client meetings
- Travel to local CT courts to file pleadings and review files
- Responds to Request for Production, Interrogatories, and Request for Admissions.
- Maintains communication with clients relative to ongoing discovery compliance.
- Intense attention to detail
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Recommended Educational/Experience Background/Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of paralegal experience
- Paralegal certification Strong MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, effective at multi-tasking, and able to work well under pressure and to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Foreign language skills and industry experience a plus, but not required
- Prior Litigation firm experience is preferred
- Planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer competency
- Familiarity with Clio
- Ability to work independently and anticipate next logical requirement
- Team player
- Local candidates only
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org